Provide back-office guidance, coaching and indirect leadership on abandoned property policies, associated processes, and techniques for requests and inquiries from advisors, clients, and relationship partners. Research and respond to escalated abandoned property issues and resolve problems, as needed. Assist in quality management process and serve as a subject matter authority for various business initiatives. Responsibilities
- Coordinate with appropriate back office processing teams and regulatory partners on the planning and execution of abandoned property reporting and processing. This includes creating reports from initiation to completion for regulatory requests and compliance.
- Provide work direction and coaching on abandoned property, and associated processes and procedures (unclaimed accounts, lost clients, unclaimed funds). May process work and serve as backup for other coaches.
- Build and maintain relationships with key Business partners to determine whether existing or proposed policies and procedures are compliant, developing and updating as needed. Develop tools and survey instruments to assist in identifying needs and reporting outcomes for various levels of management.
- Act as subject matter authority on issues related to abandoned property.
- Identify control deficiencies, assess level of risk, and propose cost effective solutions. Monitor and validate adherence to regulations and procedures. Report findings to regulatory partners.
- High school or GED
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience
- Strong analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of business operations and processes in all abandoned property related areas (claims, money in, client data)
- Ability to communicate effectively on recommendations and analysis results, build and maintain positive relationships across the organization
- Ability to influence behavior and performance of others without having direct leadership accountability
- Strong organizational and communication skills, including the ability to explain complex issues in a clear, understandable manner
- Prior experience coaching or providing indirect leadership to others.
About Our Company
- Annuity or financial services industry experience
- Experience with Ameriprise customer policies and procedures
- Current knowledge of state unclaimed property statutes and SEC regulations regarding efforts to locate lost clients
- Ability to work directly with regulatory or state auditors
- Participation in industry organizations (i.e. UPPO, SIFMA, NAUPA) to maintain and broaden knowledge base and effect industry changes
Riversource Annuities and Insurance is a part of the Ameriprise family of brands that provides our clients access to solutions that create a road map for their future. At Riversource we embrace an inclusive and collaborative culture that allows us to help others achieve their goals by providing compelling product solutions. This includes insurance to prepare for and be protected during the unexpected, as well as annuities that will provide support through every stage of retirement planning such as asset accumulation, generating income, and leaving a legacy to loved ones or charity. We celebrate the unique qualities and reward the contributions of our talented, passionate employees. If you're motivated and want to work for a strong, ethical company that cares about you and your community, take the next step with Riversource.
Ameriprise Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, gender identity, disability, veteran status, marital status, family status or any other basis prohibited by law.