We Are Hiring:
Come Join us at Ascension St. Vincent's Birmingham as a Registered Nurse!
Position: Registered Nurse
Department: Emergency Department
Location: Ascension St.Vincent's Birmingham
Shift: 3 - 12 hour midshifts per week on a 6 week pattern, 2:45p.m-3:15 am.
St. Vincent's Birmingham is located downtown, and it has over 400 beds and provides space for many physician offices. We are currently in a large renovation project to create more patient rooms and waiting areas. St. Vincent's provides care for many patients within the downtown area and surrounding communities. Known for its Birth Suites and Ortho Sports service line, St. Vincent's has a strong reputation in Birmingham as the hospital of choice for many services and the hospital is easy to get to from any location.
- Largest faith-based, not for profit hospital in Birmingham.
- Currently renovating hospital rooms and waiting areas.
- Expansion of our parking decks to accommodate patients and employees.
- Free parking for our associates.
- Several satellite parking lots available with free shuttle service to the hospital.
- Friendly family environment.
- Where Babies come from!
- World renowned Andrews Sports Medicine Orthopedic Center.
- Downtown location appeals to those that love city life, just minutes from great restaurants, entertainment, historical sites and affordable housing.
- Skilled staff that care about the patients and each other.
What You Will Do:
Provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.
- Implement and monitor patient care plans. Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate.
- Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Licensed Associate Professional Registered Nurse credentialed from the Alabama Board of Nursing obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date required.
- One or more of the following required:
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 1 Month (30 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required.
No additional preferences.
Why Join Our Team:
Ascension St. Vincent's has been serving Birmingham and surrounding communities for more than 120 years. We employ over 4,800 associates across five hospitals in addition to outpatient health centers, physician offices, rehabilitation centers and more. Ascension St. Vincent's is committed to providing compassionate, personalized care for all, including our associates. We offer a place of respect and inclusion, as well as a rich learning environment with countless opportunities for career growth and professional development. If you are looking to make an immediate impact in your community, we invite you to explore a career with Ascension St. Vincent's today.
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension St. Vincent Health System is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action employer. Associates and Applicants receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Pay Non-Discrimination Notice:
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.