2 hours to Indianapolis
300 miles to Chicago
1 hour to Columbus & Cincinnati
FM, General Surgery, Neuro, Ortho Residency Program here - Teaching opportunities
1000 bed Hospital, Academic Affiliation
Metro area of 1.1 million
Group is composed of 4 BC Cardiothoracic surgeons and 5 BC perfusionists in a Level 1 trauma center.
Services include cardiac surgery, thoracic surgery, endoscopic/laparoscopic procedures, esophageal surgery, pediatric surgery, and robotic and minimally invasive surgery. Features the option of running two heart rooms simultaneously.
- Full-time; Monday-Friday; 7:00am-5:00pm
- Every fifth weekend
- Rotating monthly call schedule
- Designated 1st-call and 2nd-call for each day
- Rotating holiday schedule
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass
- Intra-Aortic Balloon Pumping
- Lab-Analysis Equipment
- Electronic Physiological Monitoring
- Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO)
- Autologous Blood Processing
- Therapeutic Apheresis
- Ventricular-Assist Device
- Respiratory Assist
- Isolated-limb Perfusion
- Hyperthermic Perfusion of the Abdomen
- Platelet Rich Plasma Sequestration
- Administration of anesthetic agents under the direct supervision of an anesthesiologist.
- Administration of pharmacological agents required during bypass as directed and approved by physician.
- Assist with patient transport to outside facility via MICU or helicopter.