SE corner of Alabama
120 miles to Panama City and Destin
200 miles to Atlanta
Bass Capital of the south is 50 minutes away
DO Med school, FM, IM Residency programs
• Develop and lead the operation of the Psychiatry Residency Program
• Oversee the activities of the residents and other faculty members
• Recruit, interview, and select residents, and facilitate the involvement of residents
• Assist the Medical Center in recruiting a sufficient number of appropriately trained and qualified faculty members to conduct the program.
• Participate with the DME/DIO and VPMA in the overall formulation, review and revision of policies and procedures, and structure and content of the curriculum for the program.
• Structure, coordinate, and participate with the faculty in providing a didactic program for residents in compliance with ACGME requirement
• Ideal candidate will have experience developing a program from beginning through implementation & will have strong administrative and team-building skills.
• Additional responsibilities as outlined by ACGME & available to interested candidates
• Competitive salary including but not limited to paid vacation, matching retirement, health, dental and vision insurance options
• Commencement bonus and relocation allowance
• CME allowance, paid malpractice and paid licensing fee
• Protected time minimum 50% (20 hours/ week) dedicated to program educational and administrative duties Required Qualifications
• Current board certification in Psychiatry by ABEM or AOBEM; & demonstrated exp. in a leadership role
• Evidence of ongoing involvement in scholarly activity, including peer-reviewed publications