Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates and manages individual patient care.
- Participates in continuing medical education as required for licensure and skills maintenance.
- Assists the Medical Director in the coordination of programs, supervision of nurse practitioners and other medical staff members.
- Assists in the recruitment of medical staff members.
- Serves in rotation for after-hours call system.
- Actively participates in staff meetings, in-services, and provider meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to provide health care in a sensitive manner to persons of all economic levels and cultural backgrounds
- Able to examine, diagnose, and treat clients of all ages independently
Credentials and Experience
- M.D. or D.O. degree from an accredited medical school
- Active Unrestricted Kentucky Medical License
- Board Certified or Board Eligible in a primary care specialty (family practice, internal medicine, OB/Gyn, or pediatrics)
- Current training in basic life support (CPR)
Requires full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye/hand coordination. Requires sitting, standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Requires working under stressful conditions or working irregular hours. Requires frequent exposure to communicable diseases, body fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other conditions common to a clinic environment. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vis