Job Description Petroglyphs and Ancient Dwellings. Discover what Towaoc has to show while giving YOUR aid to the people! The Community -
While being the most southwestern town in Colorado, Towaoc is also the headquarters of the Ute Mountain Ute Indian Reservation. The neighboring Southern Ute tribe and Ute Mountain Utes are the only American Indian tribes remaining in Colorado. While the tribe partakes in a modern lifestyle, they also remain rooted in tradition, keeping alive important ancient customs and belief. Traditionally, the Ute tribe is known for its intricate works of beadwork. Today, they also have a thriving pottery enterprise, and their work is available to visitors at local trading posts and through their own pottery outlet.
Explore the Towaoc area here.
Closest airport to Towaoc is the Grand Junction Regional Airport (GJT).
Distance from Grand Junction Regional Airport to Towaoc is 133.1 miles. About the Facility - Ute Mountain Ute Service Unit
The Ute Mountain Ute Service Unit, located on the Ute Mountain Ute Reservation provides a number of services to the surrounding area which includes Primary Care (family practice, internal medicine, pediatrics) and additional services (clinical psychology, adult and adolescent psychiatry, child psychiatry, well child care, women's health, diabetes care, dental, laboratory, radiology, optometry, pharmacy, podiatry, maternal child health, rheumatology, nephrology, audiology, sports and school physicals, nutrition counseling, tobacco cessation counseling.). Facility Address:
232 Rustling Willow St, Towaoc, CO 81334 RESPONSIBILITIES (listed are included but not limited to)
- Provide a full range of medical services including evaluation, diagnosis, consultation & referral, specialty referrals for outpatients of all ages.
- Will make referral recommendations to the Clinical Director as required ensuring appropriate specialty care, follow-up, continuity of care and ensuring appropriated forms are completed.
- Will participate in treatment planning on a program basis and for individual patients.
- Shall be required to confer with clinical and administrative staff on a regular basis assuring timely and adequate communication of findsing or concerns for appropriate and quality care.
- Shall regularly record patient contacts in the appropriate medical record.
- Will enter consults/referrals for other services such as: Contract Health, Behavioral Health, Social Services, Optometry, Audiology, Dietary and Public Health Nursing where appropriate.
- Will work with outside facilities and their staff on cases requiring decisive immediate care and possible ambulance transport.
- Shall provide patient management for appropriate follow-up and care either at a scheduled clinic, walk-ins or for a contract health referral.
- Must possess a current, active, full and unrestricted license or registration as a Physician from a State, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or a territory of the United States.
- Will be required to possess a Medical Diploma (MD or DO); Internship; ACGME approved residency program.
- Will be required to have 3 years of experience in diagnosis and treatment of a broad range of adult and pediatric conditions.
- Must be Board Eligible or Certified in Family Practice or Internal Medicine.
- Must have current Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support.
Position contract is for 12 months with options.
Hours for this position are M-F, 8-4:30pm. KurzSolutions is committed to improving health outcomes by providing well-managed companies with the top healthcare talent in the market.