Neonatology opening in Mishawaka, Indiana. Hospital is looking for Locum Neonatologist
- Schedule (Shifts and Hours): Neonatologists work day shift beginning at 7 am - approx 4 pm (+/-). Usually 5-7 days in a row.
- Call Schedule: Schedule for 5-7 full days of coverage at a time. Neo's don't typically remain in house. NNPs physically present in house full 24 shift. Neonatologist on call to come in if neonatal transport or baby under 28 wks born. NNPs usually attend C/Ss, but Neos can also be requested.
- Reason for coverage: Medical Director leaving
- Setting: Inpatient, Level 3 NICU
- Average Number of Admissions Per Day: 1-2
- Average Patients per day: 12-13 (Currently have 18)
- EMR: Epic
- Support Staff: NICU Nurses, NICU RT. Social Worker. PT/OT. Speech Therapy is work in progress--new STs getting neonatal swallow study training through Loyola Univ. Med Center
- Total Number of Beds: We have 13 rooms with a total of 17 beds possible (including exam room utilization). We also overflow in the hallway parallel to Pediatrics with up to 6 grower/feeder babies.
- Procedures: Intubation. Central/Arterial Line Placement, Needling chest, Circumcision is preferred but not required.
- Referral/Transfer Protocol (Include Name of the Referral Center and Distance from Your Facility): We have a neonatal transport team, but usually made up of NNP, NICU RN, and NICU RT. Our furthest transports are 1 1/2 hrs away from Mishawaka. If we transfer to a higher level of care, then usually the Level IV facility does the transport
- Will reimburse for travel costs.
- Credentialing takes at least 30 days.
- Trinity Health does not reimburse for application fees or credentialing costs.
- Board Certified/BE within 5 years of residency - Required
- IN license - Highly Preferred
- NRP & BLS - required
- Fellowship - Required
STATE LICENSE REQUIREMENTS