Unlimited potential exists for Internists to join our practice as we expand our health centers to serve additional patients and communities. The communities we serve are economically, culturally, and socially inviting. Internal Medicine opportunities can be traditional (involving a mix of roughly 90 percent outpatient and 10 percent inpatient) or outpatient only. Higher salaries are offered to Internists selecting a traditional practice.
As an employee, the successful Internal Medicine candidate will receive a competitive salary, generous health and welfare benefits package, professional liability insurance, relocation assistance, licensing, DEA registration, and medical education loan repayment (if applicable). Physicians also receive an annual allowance for professional society memberships, subscriptions (print and online), and Continuing Medical Education. All of our primary care health centers are approved for participation in the National Health Service Corps Loan Repayer program. Immigration assistance provided by expert legal counsel is provided at the expense of the practice for candidates needing a J-1 waiver, H-1B visa or permanent resident (green) card.
- 6 Internists (including 3 Hospitalists) and 6 Family Practice physicians.
- Hospitalists provide 24/7 inpatient coverage, including weekends, at medical center
- 7 full-time mid-level primary care providers
- A telephone triage system to screen after-hours calls.
- Specialists available in our offices include urology, orthopedics and sports medicine, general surgery, ophthalmology, and hematology/oncology.
- Access to outpatient clinics including Cardiology, Pulmonology, Endocrinology, Neurosurgery, Ear, Nose and Throat, Pediatric Cardiology, Pediatric Nephrology, Pediatric Gastroenterology, and Rheumatology, along with diabetes counseling and nutritional therapy
Expectations grow the practice resulting from retirees and families moving into the area, and to support the growth of local industry, including the Defense Financing and Accounting Service (DFAS), the Maine Military Authority and an influx in the number of U.S. Border Patrol officers.
- Status: Full-time: 8-hour shifts, 5 days per week (option ); 10-hour shifts, 4 days per week (option ); Weekend hours are provided at our our health center, and may become part of the Presque Isle Health Center schedule in response to the health care access needs of our communities. Evening hours are provided at both health centers.
- Patients: Patient profile includes a large cohort of elderly patients with co-morbidities
- On-Call Rotation Traditional position: approximately one weeknight every 4 weeks assisting hospitalists, infrequent back-up required on weekends
Qualifications of applicants:
- Board Certified or board eligible on defined track to become Board Certified
- Allopathic and osteopathic physicians will be considered equally
- American born and trained physicians and foreign-born physicians who have completed a US residency and/or fellowship will be considered equally. H-1B and J-1 visa candidates will be considered.
- In-practice physicians, residents or fellows, and military-trained physicians will be considered equally
Accepts J1s: Yes
Accepts H1Bs: Yes
Loan Assistance: Negotiable
Practice Type: unavailable
Verified Date: 06/18/2019
Senior HealthCare Recruiter/ Continuum Physician Recruiting / Continuum Medical Staffing
- Toll Free