Infrastructure Developer NHS AfC Band 7 Remote working
6 month ftc
The post holder will be part of the Data Management & Integration Service (DMIS) team delivering an effective and efficient data management, reporting and BI service supporting clients of Data Services as a whole. Comfortable working within a multi-terabyte data systems Azure environment, you will be a key member of the team helping to:
- Develop and support the infrastructure and technical services underpinning the Data processing within our Azure Enterprise Data Warehouse
- Provide a voice of expertise in cloud infrastructure and security.
- Provide expertise in the management of the wider cloud environment.
- Get the best efficiency and resource management out of Cloud technologies.
- Ensure that they can develop data service in a robust, efficient, and stable environment that is flexible to their needs.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Support the underlying services and infrastructure for our Business Intelligence data warehouse system including management and development of:
o The Azure data services infrastructure.
o The Azure Windows Virtual Desktop platform
o Of alerting and reporting of security, usage, and cost
o Of all aspects of Azure infrastructure including networking, firewalls, resources and Role Based Access Controls, resource scaling etc.
o System wide management systems including user and group management.
o Automation and Application services e.g. functions, ADF, data bricks etc.
- Developing and maintaining all the cloud assets as "Infrastructure as code" using ARM templates observing proper controls and processes moving changes through our environments from Development to Production.
- Develop and support all aspects of a Business Intelligence and Data solution based on Azure technologies to adhere with critical business needs for fast delivery and reporting to wide audience.
- Implement changes within the existing environment with minimal downtime/disruption to Business-As-Usual (BAU)
- Ensure systems are designed to meet customer requirements.
- Influence the architecture, design, and implementation of the system.
- Have expert knowledge in the full range of technical tools used within and for the development of the system.
- Expertise in using Azure DevOps or similar with a good understanding of Agile based development.
- Ensure data integrity and data security across the system and ensure appropriate security processes and permissions are applied to ensure access to data is controlled in line with NHS business guidelines, Information Governance rules and ICT/DMIS Policies
- Develop strong working relationships across the national and local analytical teams and with users of the system, in particular regional colleagues, championing the use of the system to ensure efficient use of NHS resources.
- Knowledge of Azure data services such as Synapse Analytics, SQL DB, SQL Managed Instance, Data Factory, Azure Data Bricks, or other cloud-based warehousing solutions is desirable.