We are seeking a business and contract lawyer to join our North American legal business team. The candidate will provide general legal support primarily to the Health Wealth and Career (HWC) segment of WTW. The role is expected to work closely with other lawyers in the NA legal business team and report to the Deputy General Counsel of HWC. The successful candidate should have a strong contracting background. The candidate must be comfortable working directly with cross-functional internal business teams and external parties to handle complicated commercial contracts, including SaaS agreements, vendor agreements as well as a variety of other corporate and commercial matters. The candidate must be effective in providing necessary advice and counseling internal clients in a solutions-oriented, commercial-friendly way. The Role
- Timely and effectively provide practical general corporate and commercial legal advice and services throughout the organization.
- Efficiently manage a large volume and variety of general matters, negotiate numerous standard and complex corporate and commercial agreements while balancing appropriate legal and business risks.
- Rapidly assess potential legal and compliance risks, benefits and consequences of decisions, present alternatives and propose solutions to achieve business objectives while skillfully managing both legal and practical business considerations.
- Interface directly with client, vendor and other third party legal, procurement and contracting representatives, as well as internal management and staff.
- Work with cross functional teams (sales, IT, HR, Insurance, Privacy, Finance, etc.) to achieve business objectives.
- Support commercial and other legal needs throughout North America
Note: Employment-based non-immigrant visa sponsorship and/or assistance is not offered for this specific job opportunity. The Requirements
WTW may be subject to mandatory employment-related COVID-19 vaccination requirements. Therefore, to the extent any such mandates apply, you may be required to certify and provide documentation of full vaccination against COVID-19 if you are hired in the U.S. If you accept an offer from WTW and are subject to a mandate but are unable or unwilling to be vaccinated because of medical reasons or sincerely-held religious beliefs, you may request a medical or religious accommodation. If you require an accommodation, the Company will evaluate your request and work with you to identify reasonable alternatives to vaccination, if available.
- 5+ years of legal experience with strong experience on contract negotiations (experience in software and SaaS contract negotiations is a plus)
- Licensed attorney with outstanding academic credentials from a nationally recognized law school and work experience (business experience and/or inhouse legal experience in a professional services or financial services firm is a plus).
- Must be a business oriented team player, with a desire and ability to learn about the companys various businesses and understand the business operations and legal needs.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills, with special emphasis on excellent negotiation skills.
- Ability to think critically, spot issues in and negotiate improvements to transaction documents.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills to foster teamwork and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, with excellent judgment regarding when to elevate issues.
- Ability to summarize key legal and business issues and alternatives for executive decisions.
- Results-focused; able to work in fast-paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Self- starter and independent/strategic thinker.
- Strong technical skills and knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
EEO, including disability/vets ()