The Catering Driver position is a flexible position where the driver will most days be sent a text message the day before with a time and address on the text letting them know they have a delivery. They are then to respond if they are able to accept the deliver or not. Once accepted the driver is responsible for mapping out their route and planning on arriving at the restaurant 30 minutes before an order is to be delivered.
On the day of the delivery the driver is responsible to check over the order using a checklist to ensure they have everything before they leave with the order. They are given a 30 minute window for the deliver and we aim to deliver the order within the final 15 minutes. The driver is responsible for the set up of the order and what ever the customer may want them to do to prepare the order. After set up is complete the driver then takes a picture and sends the picture to the Catering coordinator or catering manager depending who is assigning the deliveries.
After completion the driver is to return to the restaurant with any paperwork and turn in paperwork and tips reported to the catering coordinator and then clock out.PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following represents the majority of the duties performed by the position, but is not meant to be all-inclusive nor prevent other duties from being assigned when necessary.GENERAL ADMINISTRATION:
PAY FOR DELIVER DRIVERS:
- Arrival 30 minutes at store before needing to leave to check through of the catering order using the check list. The driver is responsible if anything was left off the order.
- Delivery and set up of the order within the 30 minute window given for deliveries.
- Picture taken and sent to catering manager of the order.
- Notification to the customer and catering coordinator/manager if there is an unforeseen circumstance that is causing the order to run late.
- Returning to restaurant with any paperwork and tips to be reported.
- There may be times where a driver is asked to assist to help complete orders at the restaurant level.
- $5 an hour clock in while delivering orders with opportunities for raises
- An automatic $10 deliver fee paid for you for each order you take.
- Extended trips (over 10 miles) are paid mileage to and from the destination.
- All tips are given to the driver the day of delivery.
- A friendly, enthusiastic team player
- Someone who loves to serve our customers and your teammates
- Willing to learn and excited to grow in fast-paced environment
- Interested in the restaurant/foodservice industry
- Someone with lots of experience or if it's your first job - all experience levels are welcome!
- Must be at least 18 years or older
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Must have reliable transportation
It's obvious we like to have a great time at work - and our leadership is serious about managing high expectations and conducting business in a fun, respectful and highly ethical way. All of our managers, including our multiunit managers are hands on with our teams on a daily basis helping to raise the execution level of each manager and team member. We promote from within for many of our manager openings so opportunities for your growth are around every corner.
McAlister's Deli offers a unique environment that fosters individual growth and rewards performance. We credit our success to our people and endeavor to promote an environment of personal development, creativity, and opportunity. We operate a non-smoking, no-alcohol, no-grease restaurant environment - our menu consists of a variety of high-quality deli sandwiches, extra-large baked potatoes, soups, salads, desserts and our famous sweet tea.