Care Assistant - Camden
We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.Our Care team is friendly and we love what we do. We are passionate about the high-quality support we provide. We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to peoples' lives, each and every day.Join our Care team as a Care Assistant
Working in Care can be demanding, but our colleagues are always kind and compassionate no matter what challenges they encounter. Working as a care assistant is not only varied and interesting, it's incredibly rewarding. As part of our team you will be doing work you can be proud of, ensuring the safety and happiness of our customers in their home. We're an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.The roleSalary: £20,365.80 Hours: 35
per week Shifts:
Core Shifts are early and late shift - (07:00-15:00 -14:00-22:00) 7 days a week.We have a fantastic opportunity for someone to join us in the position of care assistant
at Roseberry Mansions in Camden. Roseberry Mansions provides forty independent living flats with support and personal care services to adults over 55 years old and a reablement service for short term care. Your responsibilities will include:
What you will need to succeed
- Assisting residents with their daily personal care needs whilst promoting their dignity and individuality
- Helping residents with their hygiene, mobility and physical comfort
- Making sure that residents eating and drinking needs are met
- Reporting to our dedicated nurse team regarding any illness, accident or event incurred by our residents, colleagues or visitors
- Undertaking observations of our residents and document this as necessary in their care plans
- Offering ongoing comfort to our residents who may be ill or requiring care at the end of their life, whilst making sure that their religious or cultural needs are fulfilled
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is positive and friendly. The successful candidate will:
- Have a genuine interest in caring for vulnerable people.
- Have experience of providing support to others in a work, voluntary or personal capacity, we're also happy to accept applications from those without care experience, who would like to get into caring.
- Be able to work flexibly and in a busy environment.
- Be able to demonstrate the ability to communicate with customers, their families and friends and giving accurate feedback to the management team
- Be eager and willing to undertake further necessary training
- If you have an NVQ level 2 in Health and Social Care that would be great, but is not essential.
benefits offer you an array of perks designed with your wellbeing in mind.Salary: £11.19 Per hourYour holidays are important to us. Take up to 28 days annual leave plus bank holidays.Lean travel. Spread the cost of your commute with a season ticket loans and our Cycle2Work scheme, open to all colleaguesGet paid to do good. We offer you two days off on full pay each year to volunteer in our communities.